(click on above link to see our Thirtieth Anniversary Notecard Collection and how to order)
“I was in prison and you visited me” [Mt 25:36]
The Criminal Justice Ministry of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, St. Louis Council, has the distinct and important mission of serving prisoners, victims, their families, ex-offenders, and others involved in the criminal justice system. The ministry, which was founded in 1979:
- offers visits, classes, tutoring, and letters to incarcerated men and women,
- educates community members and legislators about ways to rehabilitate persons convicted of crime,
- gives direct service and support to former inmates to help them to successfully re-enter the community,
- offers a weekend and support group for women with loved ones behind bars, and
- collaborates with leaders in corrections to improve opportunities during imprisonment and after release.
- On May 19-21, 2013, the Orlando Council, society of St. Vincent dePaul will host the 32nd Annual National Convocation of Jail & Prison Ministry. Visit Web site at www.svdporlando.org or contact at 407-814-3869.